Affects Version/s: 2.4
Fix Version/s: 2.4.2
- Log in as an admin.
- Visit <yoursite>/my
- Ensure you can add the following blocks.
- Random glossary entry
- Latest news
- Online users
- Visit <yoursite>/admin/roles/define.php?action=edit&roleid=5
- Ensure the myaddinstance capabilities for the above blocks are translated.
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
From Wendell's comment in
MDL-36455, I realise it was a mistake to remove the option to add the online users block to My home (My Moodle). Thus I think the change should be reverted and the capability block/online users:myaddinstance re-added.
At the same time, let's re-assess whether there is actually a case for adding the other blocks mentioned in
MDL-36455 to My home.
- Would the Latest news block display the site news?
- Would the Random glossary entry block use entries from a front page glossary, or a global glossary?
- Would the Course/site description block display the site description (perhaps an admin may wish to force this block to display)?
- Would the mentees block work on the My home page for users with the role of mentor?
Can anyone think of any reasons for adding Course completion status and Self completion to My home?