Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-39110

No role name displayed after adding a course role user filter

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.4.3, 2.5
    • Fix Version/s: 2.4.4
    • Component/s: Administration
    • Labels:
    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      Test 1

      1. Go to admin -> users -> accounts -> browse list of users
      2. Add a "Student" course role filter
      3. You should see something like Course role is "Student" in any course from any category is displayed

      Test 2

      1. Go to admin -> users -> accounts -> browse list of users
      2. Add a "Course creator" system role filter
      3. You should see something like System role is "Course creator" is displayed
      Show
      Test 1 Go to admin -> users -> accounts -> browse list of users Add a "Student" course role filter You should see something like Course role is "Student" in any course from any category is displayed Test 2 Go to admin -> users -> accounts -> browse list of users Add a "Course creator" system role filter You should see something like System role is "Course creator" is displayed
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_24_STABLE, MOODLE_25_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_24_STABLE
    • Pull Master Branch:
      wip-mdl-39110

      Description

      Steps to reproduce

      1. Go to admin -> users -> accounts -> browse list of users
      2. Add a "Student" course role filter
      3. Something like Course role is "" in "C1" from any category is displayed

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Issue Links

              Activity

              Hide
              fred Frédéric Massart added a comment -

              Thanks Raj, this looks good to me. I confirmed that this does not apply to 2.3 as role_get_name() was introduced in MDL-8249 for 2.4. Pushing for integration.

              Show
              fred Frédéric Massart added a comment - Thanks Raj, this looks good to me. I confirmed that this does not apply to 2.3 as role_get_name() was introduced in MDL-8249 for 2.4. Pushing for integration.
              Hide
              poltawski Dan Poltawski added a comment - - edited

              Petr Skoda another regression from this role names thing

              Show
              poltawski Dan Poltawski added a comment - - edited Petr Skoda another regression from this role names thing
              Hide
              poltawski Dan Poltawski added a comment -

              Integrated to master and 24. Thanks Raj.

              (BTW did we change something recently to notice all these, or we were just slack in 2.4 release??)

              Show
              poltawski Dan Poltawski added a comment - Integrated to master and 24. Thanks Raj. (BTW did we change something recently to notice all these, or we were just slack in 2.4 release??)
              Hide
              poltawski Dan Poltawski added a comment -

              Tested during integration and fixes the problem in both 2.4 and master. Thanks Raj

              Show
              poltawski Dan Poltawski added a comment - Tested during integration and fixes the problem in both 2.4 and master. Thanks Raj
              Hide
              poltawski Dan Poltawski added a comment -

              Blooming Marvelous! It's time for a knees up - your changes are upstream!

              Thanks for making Moodle better!

              Toodle pip

              Show
              poltawski Dan Poltawski added a comment - Blooming Marvelous! It's time for a knees up - your changes are upstream! Thanks for making Moodle better! Toodle pip

                People

                • Votes:
                  0 Vote for this issue
                  Watchers:
                  2 Start watching this issue

                  Dates

                  • Created:
                    Updated:
                    Resolved:
                    Fix Release Date:
                    13/May/13