Affects Version/s: 2.3.6, 2.4.3
Fix Version/s: 2.4.8
- Start a fresh installation.
- Select MySQL.
- Specify a database that doesn't exist.
- Specify a user who doesn't have permission to create a database. (verify this on the command line first)
- Check you get an proper message rather than [[cannotcreatedb]]
Affected Branches:MOODLE_23_STABLE, MOODLE_24_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
This is a bout to backport
MDL-39575 to stable supported branches, by applying the solution that was applied to master (1168a5f).
Easy to find:
- Create a MySQL user who can log in but does not have permission to create a database.
- Start a fresh Moodle installation (no config.php present).
- Try and use the credentials of the MySQL user above.
- You'll get an error [[cannotcreatedb]] instead of a string.