Moodle
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-39785

Activity name autolinking filter does not appear to be working

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.5
    • Fix Version/s: 2.5.1
    • Component/s: Filters
    • Labels:
    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      assuming filter_acitivitynames is enabled (as it is by default)

      1. Create course with several activities
      2. Create labels and section summaries that contain activities names
      3. Make sure activities names are converted to links to the activities
      Show
      assuming filter_acitivitynames is enabled (as it is by default) Create course with several activities Create labels and section summaries that contain activities names Make sure activities names are converted to links to the activities
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_25_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_25_STABLE
    • Pull Master Branch:
      wip-MDL-39785-master
    • Rank:
      50530

      Description

      On a 2.5 demo site, I noticed that when an activity name was used in a label it that the autolinking filter was not replacing it with the link to the activity.

      I created a label on a 2.4 site referencing an activity name and the autolinking seems to be working fine.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Anthony Borrow added a comment -

          I am bumping the priority of this to major since it is a major loss of function. Peace - Anthony

          Show
          Anthony Borrow added a comment - I am bumping the priority of this to major since it is a major loss of function. Peace - Anthony
          Hide
          Anthony Borrow added a comment -

          I'm linking this as possibly being related to the work done on MDL-39585 but I have not looked closely so it is just speculation. Peace - Anthony

          Show
          Anthony Borrow added a comment - I'm linking this as possibly being related to the work done on MDL-39585 but I have not looked closely so it is just speculation. Peace - Anthony
          Hide
          Michael de Raadt added a comment -

          I tried this on research.moodle.net that has been upgaded to 2.5 (current build 20130514), and it worked there.

          However, on my own test site, it didn't work.

          I assume this must be a change that's come in in the last week.

          Show
          Michael de Raadt added a comment - I tried this on research.moodle.net that has been upgaded to 2.5 (current build 20130514), and it worked there. However, on my own test site, it didn't work. I assume this must be a change that's come in in the last week.
          Hide
          Marina Glancy added a comment -

          I guess it's my regression

          Show
          Marina Glancy added a comment - I guess it's my regression
          Hide
          Marina Glancy added a comment -

          TO INTEGRATORS: 2.5 only, this was not an issue before

          Show
          Marina Glancy added a comment - TO INTEGRATORS: 2.5 only, this was not an issue before
          Hide
          Anthony Borrow added a comment -

          Marina - I tested the patch on my demo site and the autolinks reappeared and function as expected. Thanks for the quick work on this. Kudos to Peter Billingham of Dallas Jesuit College Preparatory for bringing this issue to my attention. Peace - Anthony

          Show
          Anthony Borrow added a comment - Marina - I tested the patch on my demo site and the autolinks reappeared and function as expected. Thanks for the quick work on this. Kudos to Peter Billingham of Dallas Jesuit College Preparatory for bringing this issue to my attention. Peace - Anthony
          Hide
          Damyon Wiese added a comment -

          The main moodle.git repository has just been updated with latest weekly modifications. You may wish to rebase your PULL branches to simplify history and avoid any possible merge conflicts. This would also make integrator's life easier next week.

          TIA and ciao

          Show
          Damyon Wiese added a comment - The main moodle.git repository has just been updated with latest weekly modifications. You may wish to rebase your PULL branches to simplify history and avoid any possible merge conflicts. This would also make integrator's life easier next week. TIA and ciao
          Hide
          Dan Poltawski added a comment -

          Integrated to master and 25 - thanks Marina

          Show
          Dan Poltawski added a comment - Integrated to master and 25 - thanks Marina
          Hide
          Michael de Raadt added a comment -

          Good work, everyone.

          Show
          Michael de Raadt added a comment - Good work, everyone.
          Hide
          Michael de Raadt added a comment - - edited

          Excellent work, everyone. Tested in Master.

          Show
          Michael de Raadt added a comment - - edited Excellent work, everyone. Tested in Master.
          Hide
          Damyon Wiese added a comment -

          Thanks for your hard work. This issue has now been sent upstream and will soon be downloaded by millions of Moodlers!

          Regards, Damyon

          Show
          Damyon Wiese added a comment - Thanks for your hard work. This issue has now been sent upstream and will soon be downloaded by millions of Moodlers! Regards, Damyon

            People

            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              4 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: