Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-40386

timemodified in mdl_book_chapters doesn't auto-update

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.5
    • Fix Version/s: 2.4.6, 2.5.2
    • Component/s: Book
    • Labels:
    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      1. Create a new book module.
      Add an activity > Book
      2. Fill details for chapter.
      3. Save.
      4. Edit the title/content of the chapter.
      See the "timemodified" field of that chapter in mdl_book_chapters database table.

      Expected Result: timemodified > timecreated
      Actual Result: timemodified = timecreated

      Show
      1. Create a new book module. Add an activity > Book 2. Fill details for chapter. 3. Save. 4. Edit the title/content of the chapter. See the "timemodified" field of that chapter in mdl_book_chapters database table. Expected Result: timemodified > timecreated Actual Result: timemodified = timecreated
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_25_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_24_STABLE, MOODLE_25_STABLE
    • Pull Master Branch:

      Description

      While updating certain chapters within a book module, I noticed that the timemodified field of those chapters and that book weren't being updated in the database's mdl_book_chapters and mdl_book tables respectively.

      I guess, if a chapter if updated, the timemodified fields of both the book and chapter should be updated.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Activity

          Hide
          xan Prateek Sachan added a comment - - edited

          Please cherry-pick for the rest Stable Moodle versions.

          [Edit]: I've provided the fix for timemodified field in book_chapters only (on update of chapters), as I'm not sure whether updating timemodified field of book is a good approach or not.

          Show
          xan Prateek Sachan added a comment - - edited Please cherry-pick for the rest Stable Moodle versions. [Edit] : I've provided the fix for timemodified field in book_chapters only (on update of chapters), as I'm not sure whether updating timemodified field of book is a good approach or not.
          Hide
          nebgor Aparup Banerjee added a comment -

          looks good Prateek! sending for integration.

          Michael, can we assign this issue to Prateek ?

          Show
          nebgor Aparup Banerjee added a comment - looks good Prateek! sending for integration. Michael, can we assign this issue to Prateek ?
          Hide
          salvetore Michael de Raadt added a comment -

          Yes, we can.

          The testing instructions could be expanded.

          Prateek:

          I have added you to the jira-developers group. You are now able to edit issues, assign issues to yourself and submit issues for peer review. For more details, please see http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Tracker_guide#Tracker_groups_and_permissions

          Thanks for your efforts.

          Show
          salvetore Michael de Raadt added a comment - Yes, we can. The testing instructions could be expanded. Prateek: I have added you to the jira-developers group. You are now able to edit issues, assign issues to yourself and submit issues for peer review. For more details, please see http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Tracker_guide#Tracker_groups_and_permissions Thanks for your efforts.
          Hide
          xan Prateek Sachan added a comment -

          Thanks Aparup and Michael.

          I've edited the Testing Instructions for clarity.

          Show
          xan Prateek Sachan added a comment - Thanks Aparup and Michael. I've edited the Testing Instructions for clarity.
          Hide
          damyon Damyon Wiese added a comment - - edited

          Thanks Prateek - one thing to note is to make sure you fill out the Repository URL field in the tracker. This makes the integrators life easier when we have lots of repositories/patches to look at.

          Also the branch name should just be the name of the branch - not the url.

          Show
          damyon Damyon Wiese added a comment - - edited Thanks Prateek - one thing to note is to make sure you fill out the Repository URL field in the tracker. This makes the integrators life easier when we have lots of repositories/patches to look at. Also the branch name should just be the name of the branch - not the url.
          Hide
          damyon Damyon Wiese added a comment -

          Thanks for working on this Prateek,

          I've integrated this to 24, 25 and master branches.

          Show
          damyon Damyon Wiese added a comment - Thanks for working on this Prateek, I've integrated this to 24, 25 and master branches.
          Hide
          xan Prateek Sachan added a comment -

          Thanks Damyon. I'll remember the things you've pointed out.

          Show
          xan Prateek Sachan added a comment - Thanks Damyon. I'll remember the things you've pointed out.
          Hide
          dmonllao David Monllaó added a comment -

          It passes. Tested in 24, 25 and master

          Show
          dmonllao David Monllaó added a comment - It passes. Tested in 24, 25 and master
          Hide
          damyon Damyon Wiese added a comment -

          a single bug fix
          a drop in a waterfall
          hear the mighty roar

          Thanks for your contribution!

          Show
          damyon Damyon Wiese added a comment - a single bug fix a drop in a waterfall hear the mighty roar Thanks for your contribution!

            People

            • Votes:
              1 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              4 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:
                Fix Release Date:
                9/Sep/13