Moodle
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-40447

Fix translation: "Profile" should be "Profile Fields" on advanced (more...) user filter form

    Details

    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide
      1. Navigate to Site admin > Users > Accounts > User profile fields
      2. Ensure there is at least one custom user profile field
      3. Navigate to Site admin > Users > Accounts > Bulk user actions
      4. Click "+Show more..."
      5. Validate that an input set for "User profile fields" appears
      Show
      Navigate to Site admin > Users > Accounts > User profile fields Ensure there is at least one custom user profile field Navigate to Site admin > Users > Accounts > Bulk user actions Click "+Show more..." Validate that an input set for "User profile fields" appears
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_25_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_24_STABLE, MOODLE_25_STABLE
    • Pull from Repository:
    • Pull Master Branch:
      MDL-40447_master

      Description

      Looking at the code and actually using the input selector "Profile" shows that it would be best translated to "Profile Fields" and use the translation token "profilefieds" from "admin" translation strings.

      Current code:

      case 'profile':     return new user_filter_profilefield('profile', get_string('profile'), $advanced);
      

      Should be:

      case 'profile':     return new user_filter_profilefield('profile', get_string('profilefields','admin'), $advanced);
      

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Activity

          Hide
          Michael de Raadt added a comment -

          Thanks for spotting that, Nadav.

          Feel free to put up a Git patch for this.

          Show
          Michael de Raadt added a comment - Thanks for spotting that, Nadav. Feel free to put up a Git patch for this.
          Hide
          Michael de Raadt added a comment -

          Thanks for taking the time to put this in, Nadav.

          [N] Syntax
          [Y] Whitespace
          [-] Output
          [Y] Language
          [-] Databases
          [N] Testing
          [-] Security
          [-] Documentation
          [N] Git
          [Y] Sanity check
          

          Some very minor points, and I may be being overly picky.

          • A space is required after commas in a list of values being passed to a function (http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Coding_style#Function_and_method_usage)
          • This set of form controls only appears when there is one or more custom user profile fields. I've added a step to the testing instructions to ensure this for the test.
          • The Git commit should include the component "Administration" after the issue ID. It would also be good to have branches for other supported versions, although this is likely to be cherry-pickable.
          Show
          Michael de Raadt added a comment - Thanks for taking the time to put this in, Nadav. [N] Syntax [Y] Whitespace [-] Output [Y] Language [-] Databases [N] Testing [-] Security [-] Documentation [N] Git [Y] Sanity check Some very minor points, and I may be being overly picky. A space is required after commas in a list of values being passed to a function ( http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Coding_style#Function_and_method_usage ) This set of form controls only appears when there is one or more custom user profile fields. I've added a step to the testing instructions to ensure this for the test. The Git commit should include the component "Administration" after the issue ID. It would also be good to have branches for other supported versions, although this is likely to be cherry-pickable.
          Hide
          Nadav Kavalerchik added a comment - - edited

          Michael de Raadt,
          I fixed the syntax issue.
          I have added Moodle24 and Moodle25 branches (I have cherry-picked it)
          I have updated the git comment.
          I have rebased the master patch onto latest (16/8/2013) master.

          Ready for another peer review/integration

          Show
          Nadav Kavalerchik added a comment - - edited Michael de Raadt , I fixed the syntax issue. I have added Moodle24 and Moodle25 branches (I have cherry-picked it) I have updated the git comment. I have rebased the master patch onto latest (16/8/2013) master. Ready for another peer review/integration
          Hide
          Michael de Raadt added a comment -

          You are awesome, Nadav.

          Sending to integration.

          Show
          Michael de Raadt added a comment - You are awesome, Nadav. Sending to integration.
          Hide
          Damyon Wiese added a comment -

          Thanks Nadav,

          Looks good to me. Integrated to 24, 25 and master.

          Show
          Damyon Wiese added a comment - Thanks Nadav, Looks good to me. Integrated to 24, 25 and master.
          Hide
          David Monllaó added a comment -

          It passes. Tested in 24, 25 and master

          Show
          David Monllaó added a comment - It passes. Tested in 24, 25 and master
          Hide
          Damyon Wiese added a comment -

          There was a young man named McGee
          Who thought squashing bugs was easy
          He tried it one day
          And to his dismay
          The bug guts made his keyboard all greasy

          Thanks!

          This has issue has been fixed and released in Moodle.

          Show
          Damyon Wiese added a comment - There was a young man named McGee Who thought squashing bugs was easy He tried it one day And to his dismay The bug guts made his keyboard all greasy Thanks! This has issue has been fixed and released in Moodle.

            People

            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: