Details

    • Type: Sub-task
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.4.5, 2.5
    • Fix Version/s: 2.4.7, 2.5.3
    • Component/s: Backup
    • Labels:
    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      1. Create a backup of a course using default settings. I used the 'S' test course from MDL-38197.

      2. Restore the course using default settings, selecting to restore as a new course. Continue to stage 4 (schema).

      EXPECTED: The schema stage should display the same as it used to, including some fields at the top and then all the sections and activities.

      3. Under one of the sections, turn off one of the activities using the left-hand checkbox. (Make a note of which activity you turned off.)

      EXPECTED: The right-hand checkbox should be greyed out. (This checks that disabledif still works.)

      4. For another activity (make a note of which), turn off user data.
      5. In the fields at the top, change the course name to something amusing (the name must be amusing or this test will fail).
      6. Click Next.

      EXPECTED: The settings changes you made in steps 3, 4, and 5 above should all be reflected on the stage 5 'Review' page.

      7. Finish the restore.
      8. Check the activities on the course page.

      EXPECTED: The activity you turned off earlier should not be included.

      9. Check the name of the course.

      EXPECTED: The name should match the one you set (possibly with 'copy (N)' appended).

      (end of test script)

      NOTE 1: These test instructions confirm that the restore has not been broken by this change. They do not test the actual performance improvement, because it is impossible to test this without a stack of other changes to make backup/restore work. However I have tested the performance improvement and can confirm that the time taken to display this stage on the 'L' test course drops from 692 to 33 seconds.

      NOTE 2: I was going to include a change of the course start date in this test script, but it ignores this option (even before this change, I mean).

      Show
      1. Create a backup of a course using default settings. I used the 'S' test course from MDL-38197 . 2. Restore the course using default settings, selecting to restore as a new course. Continue to stage 4 (schema). EXPECTED: The schema stage should display the same as it used to, including some fields at the top and then all the sections and activities. 3. Under one of the sections, turn off one of the activities using the left-hand checkbox. (Make a note of which activity you turned off.) EXPECTED: The right-hand checkbox should be greyed out. (This checks that disabledif still works.) 4. For another activity (make a note of which), turn off user data. 5. In the fields at the top, change the course name to something amusing (the name must be amusing or this test will fail) . 6. Click Next. EXPECTED: The settings changes you made in steps 3, 4, and 5 above should all be reflected on the stage 5 'Review' page. 7. Finish the restore. 8. Check the activities on the course page. EXPECTED: The activity you turned off earlier should not be included. 9. Check the name of the course. EXPECTED: The name should match the one you set (possibly with 'copy (N)' appended). (end of test script) NOTE 1: These test instructions confirm that the restore has not been broken by this change. They do not test the actual performance improvement, because it is impossible to test this without a stack of other changes to make backup/restore work. However I have tested the performance improvement and can confirm that the time taken to display this stage on the 'L' test course drops from 692 to 33 seconds. NOTE 2: I was going to include a change of the course start date in this test script, but it ignores this option (even before this change, I mean).
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_24_STABLE, MOODLE_25_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_24_STABLE, MOODLE_25_STABLE
    • Pull Master Branch:
      MDL-41163-master

      Description

      I am trying to restore a backup of the 'L' size course from MDL-38197 (900MB).

      After I fixed MDL-41147, and incorporating the memory limit fix of MDL-38191, I was able to progress through the settings page (3) but it fails with a time limit exceeded on the schema page (4).

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Issue Links

              Activity

                People

                • Votes:
                  0 Vote for this issue
                  Watchers:
                  4 Start watching this issue

                  Dates

                  • Created:
                    Updated:
                    Resolved:
                    Fix Release Date:
                    11/Nov/13