Affects Version/s: 2.6
Fix Version/s: 2.6
- Open various pages in Moodle
- Check that all JS continues to work as expected
- Confirm that there were no (new) JS errors displayed
- *Confirm that the URL when loading modules is now more like
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
There's a max length of approx 1024 characters in the querystring by the YUI loader - this is to prevent issues caused by limitations imposed by various web servers.
When a URL gets to 1024 characters, the loader breaks it up into multiple queries and issues a new request. So for lots of long module names, you end up more queries.
At the moment, we give all Moodle modules a path of:
and a similar path for images.
Since we control the namespaces, and we know that we currently use paths of:
- 3.9.1 (or other version number) = yui3
We can make 'm' an alias for 'moodle' and trim 5 chars off each of our module requests.
It doesn't seem like much, but it can mean fewer requests and it's a cheap/easy thing to implement.