Affects Version/s: 2.4.6, 2.5.2
We are experience the same issue described on this post https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=241754
A colleague has reported what seems to be a bug in how group assignments are handled by Moodle 2.5.2, when all student group members are required to submit.
To replicate the bug:
Create groups in a course (for example, two groups with two students in each group)
Add an assignment to the course, with the following parameters:
Submission types: select File submissions
Under Submission settings:
- Require students click submit button: Yes
Under Group submission settings:
- Students submit in groups: Yes
- Require all group members submit: Yes
Now, connect using Student #1 in Group #1 and upload a file. First clue there is something weird going on: there is no button to submit the assignment for grading.
Connect as Student #2 in Group #1: a submit button is present. Click on the button to submit.
Lastly, connect again as Student #1 in Group #1. There is (still) no submit button to be seen.
The teacher's view is telling:
- The "Status" column shows that team members have submitted for grading, but not the original file uploader;
- The "Group submission" column says "Draft (not submitted)" for all students;
- Files are visible for all students under the "File submissions" column.
Anyone have a clue on what is going on and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.