Moodle
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-42533

Conditional info does not translate user fields for students

    Details

    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide
      1. Add an activity
      2. Set conditional access on a user field that won't be met by a student
      3. Go on the course page, make sure the field name is translated in the "restriction" message
        • email: Email address
        • yahoo: Yahoo ID
      4. Login as the student
      5. Go on the course page, make sure the field name is translated in the "restriction" message
        • email: Email address
        • yahoo: Yahoo ID
      Show
      Add an activity Set conditional access on a user field that won't be met by a student Go on the course page, make sure the field name is translated in the "restriction" message email: Email address yahoo: Yahoo ID Login as the student Go on the course page, make sure the field name is translated in the "restriction" message email: Email address yahoo: Yahoo ID
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_24_STABLE, MOODLE_25_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_24_STABLE, MOODLE_25_STABLE
    • Pull from Repository:
    • Pull Master Branch:
      MDL-42533-master

      Description

      When setting a conditional access on a field, such as 'Yahoo', the information displayed to the teacher is different than the one displayed to the student. The student doesn't get the "translated" version of the field name.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Activity

          Hide
          Sam Marshall added a comment -

          Looks good to me. I swear I already did/reviewed this change but I guess it was accidentally done only for staff and not students? Ugh. Anyhow...

          Show
          Sam Marshall added a comment - Looks good to me. I swear I already did/reviewed this change but I guess it was accidentally done only for staff and not students? Ugh. Anyhow...
          Hide
          Dan Poltawski added a comment -

          Thanks Fred, integrated to master, 25 and 24.

          Since I thought that the behaviour/code is unclear, I took the liberty of adding a clarifying comment:
          http://git.moodle.org/gw?p=integration.git;a=commitdiff;h=c6cb4f8ec86c26f83145029414f1046ecb4b8639

          Show
          Dan Poltawski added a comment - Thanks Fred, integrated to master, 25 and 24. Since I thought that the behaviour/code is unclear, I took the liberty of adding a clarifying comment: http://git.moodle.org/gw?p=integration.git;a=commitdiff;h=c6cb4f8ec86c26f83145029414f1046ecb4b8639
          Hide
          Petr Skoda added a comment -

          works fine, thanks

          Show
          Petr Skoda added a comment - works fine, thanks
          Hide
          Damyon Wiese added a comment -

          Here lies 52 bugs.
          All fixed or swept under a rug.
          If they come back one day,
          To our dismay,
          We all will feel quite un-smug.

          Thanks for the reporting/fixing/testing on this issue. It has been sent upstream.

          Show
          Damyon Wiese added a comment - Here lies 52 bugs. All fixed or swept under a rug. If they come back one day, To our dismay, We all will feel quite un-smug. Thanks for the reporting/fixing/testing on this issue. It has been sent upstream.

            People

            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              3 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: