Affects Version/s: 2.4.7
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Maths filters
Adding MathJax 2 to Moodle causes a bug where the left hand column is sometimes hidden. Seems only to occur in Internet Explorer 8+.
To reproduce (tested in Moodle 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6)
1. Select the "Standard" theme in Moodle (the problem also occurs in other themes)
3. Go to any course page
4. Turn editing on and edit any topic section
5. Type anything in the editor
6. Save changes
7. On returning to the course page, after saving, the left hand column will be hidden when the page has fully loaded
8. Turning editing off fixes the problem and returns the left column
The problem seem to occur with pages that use a hash tag on the end, e.g. http://yourmoodle/course/view.php?id=1#section-0 . I have noticed the issue when editing topics and also in some areas of the forum.
The problem does not happen if using the newer "Clean" theme.