This issue concerns the displaying of glossary hyper-links within resources (or activities) throughout a site.
A front page glossary set as "global" works as expected on front page and inside courses.
But the following scenario does not work correctly.
- As admin, in Course A, create a global glossary and enter some entries with definitions, set Auto-linking :: This entry should be automatically linked. e.g. word "computer"
- Enrol student01 in courses A and B. Enrol student02 in course B only.
- In course B, create a Page resource, containing the word "computer" that is defined in your Course A glossary.
- Log in to course B as student01. Display the Page, check that the word "computer" is hyper-linked and clicking on it does display the definition.
- Log in to course B as student02. Display the Page, check that the word "computer" is hyper-linked.
- Click on that hyperlink and ... the definition does NOT get displayed. You get the 'loading_small' icon instead.
- Instead of a normal click, right-click ... a new tab or window opens with an invitation to enrol into Course A.
1.- It may be acceptable that - by design - a user cannot view a (global) glossary definition which is located in a course where they are not enrolled. But in this case, such word should NOT be hyper-linked, as this is misleading and causes a display error.
2.- Once that has been fixed, the Glossary documentation should be amended to make it more clear how "global" glossaries work.