Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-44071

core_course_delete_courses not deleting courses fully

    Details

    • Testing Instructions:
      Hide

      Run the unit tests in course/tests/externallib_test.php.

      Show
      Run the unit tests in course/tests/externallib_test.php.
    • Workaround:
      Hide

      Click "Resort Course By Name" in any category course listing page after deleting courses through the API

      Show
      Click "Resort Course By Name" in any category course listing page after deleting courses through the API
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_24_STABLE, MOODLE_25_STABLE, MOODLE_26_STABLE, MOODLE_27_STABLE
    • Fixed Branches:
      MOODLE_27_STABLE, MOODLE_28_STABLE, MOODLE_29_STABLE
    • Pull from Repository:
    • Pull Master Branch:
      MDL-44071-master
    • Sprint:
      Team A Sprint 1

      Description

      I've started a forum discussion here https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=253825 but got no responses.

      When using the Web Service function "core_course_delete_courses". It seems as though some random reference to courses isn't getting removed. I've run the webservice with 2.6, 2.5, 2.4 and gotten different results for each. I don't have a 2.7 install setup so can't test it. I waited for all the Webservice calls to complete before trying to view the pages. I also don't have cron running on any of the installs. If need be I can attach the code I'm using if someone would think that would help.

      • 2.6
        • It deleted the courses but when trying to view the categories courses got a php coding error as attached
        • When viewing main category list the course count still showed incorrect number of courses.
        • A little weird but waited some time after checking the other versions for issues and came back and all was alright. Count and errors was fixed.
      • 2.5
        • It deleted the courses but when trying to view the categories courses got a php coding error as attached
        • When viewing main category list the course count still showed incorrect number of courses.
        • A little weird but waited some time after checking the other versions for issues and came back and it was somewhat alright. Count was still wrong but the errors didn't show.
      • 2.4
        • It deleted the courses but I didn't get the php coding error
        • When viewing main category list the course count still showed incorrect number of courses.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

          1. 2.5.png
            2.5.png
            42 kB
          2. 2.6.png
            2.6.png
            56 kB
          3. externallib.patch
            0.4 kB

            Activity

              People

              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                9 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved:
                  Fix Release Date:
                  9/Mar/15