2.6, 2.7, 3.3.3, 3.4, 3.5
MOODLE_26_STABLE, MOODLE_27_STABLE, MOODLE_33_STABLE, MOODLE_34_STABLE, MOODLE_35_STABLE
When importing a course that has quizzes, one would expect appropriate calendar entries to be created for quizzes, like in the course that was imported from.
What actually happens: the calendar events are not created for a quiz until the user manually saves the quiz's settings (even if no other changes are made to the quiz).
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a course, Source
- Create a quiz in Source
- Set the quiz's open date to today + 2 days
- Set the quiz's close date to today + 14 days
- Create a course, Sink
- Import course content from Source into Sink, accepting all defaults
- Check the course calendar in Sink; note that there are neither open nor close events for the quiz on the calendar.
- Edit the quiz's settings
- Make no changes, but click "Save and return to course"
- Check the course calendar in Sink; note that there are open and close events for the quiz on the calendar.
A similar result an be obtained when restoring a course (containing a quiz with open and/or close dates) from a backup (that does not include Calendar events).