Affects Version/s: 2.7
Fix Version/s: BACKEND
Create a course Enrol some students Give them some grades Go to Course Administration -> Grades Select export to OpenDocument Spreadsheet Click submit Click download Test the downloaed file works in several ODS readers LibreOffice from various linux distributions Last version from site for windows, mac and linux Open the downloaded file with Vim or other plain-text editor and see that the downloaded file is a single plain text XML file
- Create a course
- Enrol some students
- Give them some grades
- Go to Course Administration -> Grades
- Select export to OpenDocument Spreadsheet
- Click submit
- Click download
- Test the downloaed file works in several ODS readers
- LibreOffice from various linux distributions
- Last version from site for windows, mac and linux
- Open the downloaded file with Vim or other plain-text editor and see that the downloaded file is a single plain text XML file
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
the Open Document Format specification allow documentes to be stored/transmitted as a single XML document (flat) instead of as a zipped collection of files (packaged).
This has many advantages as noted by Fridrich Strba at his talk this year at FISL: https://speakerdeck.com/fridrich/flat-odf-the-under-estimated-flavour-of-open-document
Inspired by this talk, I've made a patch to export Moodle Gradebook as a Flat ODS document.
This patch changes the way the ODS file is generated.
The code is much simpler, but the resulting files are expected to be bigger, because it is not "zipped" anymore. Also, because of this, the process is much faster and uses less resources from the server.
Hope you like,