Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
Affects Version/s: 2.4.10, 2.7
Fix Version/s: None
- Click in My profile > Messages.
- Search and add a user to you contact list.
- Click on Block contact link, or in the block icon.
- Change blockcontact URL parameter to your own user ID.
- Make sure you receive a error message like this and your user is not blocked.
Affected Branches:MOODLE_24_STABLE, MOODLE_27_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
It is possible to send messages to yourself by manually setting the "id" or "user2" parameters to your own user ID on the "/messages/index.php" page.
From here it is also possible to add yourself as a contact, or to block communication from yourself.
Steps to reproduce:
- Login to Moodle
- Find your own user ID from the profile link in the top right
- Manually browse to "/message/index.php?user2=<<YOURID>>
- Click the "Block Contact" link
- Links should not be visible, or should give error when attempting to block/add self
- It is possible to add self as contact or block communication from self.
Only tested on 2.4.10 and 2.7, but likely to affect intermediate versions as well.