Affects Version/s: 2.7, 2.7.2
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: HTML Editor (Atto)
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:MDL-45787-master
Pull Master Diff URL:
Now that we've had Atto running in production for a while, I realise we were slightly foolish and made an oversight.
We need an Editor Manager so that external items can work on the editor where required. Generally, we don't need to do so often, but as
MDL-45780 highlights, there are times when it would be handy.
I've designed an extremely simple, and fully B/C editor manager which:
- allows you to create an instance;
- instances register themselves with;
- allows you to retrieve an editor instance;
- allows you to get a list of all editor instances;
- allows you to remove an instance; and
- instances remove their registration from when destroyed.
To make the latter two work properly, we need to behave better and start keeping track of the events we call, and write proper destructors.
I propose that we add the Manager to 2.7.1 with the add and get functionality, but only add the remove functionality to 2.8.