SCORM (and other modules) have two sorts of setting that could potentially get confused:
A. Settings specific to the activity that determine when the student can do certain sorts of interactions:
- Specific to mod_scorm
- Information not displayed in the course view at all
- Activity can be viewed, but SCORM package is not loaded
Other similar exaples are:
- When posting to a forum is allowed.
- When you can attempt a quiz.
- When you can add, or comment on glossary or database entries.
- Generic to all modules
- Allows many types of restriction (not just date)
- Information is displayed on the course view page ()
- Activity cannot be viewed by users
These are different things, and both are necessary. However, it is the responsibility of each activity module to ensure that the way they present type A settings does not cause confusion / usability issues on their editing form.