We talked many times about how much settings, features and plugins we have and the barrier that this can be for new administrators, some people also commented about having a moodle lite.
This is the "minimum effort" approach; to add an option after:
- Setting the db
- Filling the admin user form
- Setting a site short and full name
- NEW OPTION
- After this you have access to everything
I attach a screenshot of a modified UI to explain what I mean. The other option of the drop down menu would be something like Disable advanced features and plugins.
We can refine what features and plugins are advanced or not, but my initial thoughts are:
- Disable ALL inside advanced features page
- Set as advanced all settings including the 'Advanced' checkbox (for example quiz | showuserpicture)
- Disable most of the of the plugins, including all course format but one, enrolments, authentication methods... also disabling some activities and blocks, leaving just what would be basic in a small site with no synchronization with external systems nor motivated teachers