Each time I add a new assignment or quiz to the grade book for my courses, and a colleagues courses they are automatically set to Extra Credit. I do not want activities marked as extra credit, and have to manually change it in the Grades each time. My grade book is set to simple weighted mean of grades. I have looked in the forums for this issues, and from what I can find there, it was fixed in the newest updates. However, that is not the case for me. I am not sure what is needed to test this issue. My school district houses our Moodle. Thank you for your help.
copied from the comment below:
- install Moodle 2.8.1+ (Build: 20141224), the latest weekly release (this issue doesn’t occur in Moodle 2.8.1 stable release (13 Nov 2014)
- set course to Weighted Mean of grades
- add a category with natural weighting
- set the weight of this category to any percentage higher than zero.
- save the gradebook changes
- add a grade item in the category with natural weighting
Now you should see the grade item as extra credit.