Affects Version/s: 2.7.5
- Create a course in topics format.
- Add a quiz to the first section, and make it hidden from students.
- Edit the course settings, and change it to Single activity format, with activity type quiz.
- Log in as student and try to access the course.
- Verify that you can access the quiz.
Fixed Branches:MOODLE_29_STABLE, MOODLE_30_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
Steps to reproduce
- As admin create a course, set to Single activity course format, with a Quiz activity.
- Ensure the course is visible to students.
- Go into the course.
- Set up the quiz, including setting it to Hidden under common module settings.
- Log in as student.
- Try to go into the course.
- for the student, an almost blank screen.
- for the teacher, no clue as to what is going on. (I just found this the hard way. It took me ages, under pressure, to spot the problem.)
- for the student: some sort of polite message when they try to go into the course.
- for the teacher, possibly, some sort of on-screen message when they are in the course/activity, and it is in this bad state. (But that might not be necessary if the message to students is clear enough.)