To reproduce follow these instructions:
1. Create a new course (optional)
2. Enrol participants:
- 1 trainer
- at least 4 Students (A,B,C,D)
- 1 person who will get the ability to mark the submissions and change the marking workflow status to marking completed (a grader)
3. Create two groups with each 2 students and enrol the 4 students to the groups
4. Create a new assignment with the settings:
- Group Submission Settings -> Students submit in groups: yes
- Grade -> Grading Method: Marking Guide
- Grade -> Use marking workflow: Yes
5. Create a new marking guide and set it active.
6. Log in as a student A of Group 1 and make a submission
7. Log in as the trainer and set the due date to 5 minutes in the past (-> the submission of group 2 is due and they did not submit anything)
8. Log in as the grader:
- mark Student A of group 1 and set workflow status to marking completed
- mark Student C of group 2 with 0 points and set workflow status to marking completed
9. Log in as the trainer, go to the submission, click view / grade all submissions
select all students and select set marking workflow state and click go
set the state to released and save the changes
The result within the grading overview
Column Grades: in each row the grade is filled
Column Final Grade: Only Student A gets a final grade.
In the database in the table grade_grades the columns rawgrade, timecreated and finalgrade are not filled.
-> This leads to the situation that students with no entry in their final grade column won’t see their marks in this submission!!!
It seems that the system does not auto-fill the grades to those people in a group who has not been marked by the grader himself (Apply grades and feedback to entire group set to yes).
Moreover all those people with no submission and a grade of 0 points don’t get a final grade.
This is a bug that makes the marking workflow quite useless to trainers.