During the usability studies, some participants commented that they felt overwhelmed by the complexity of the interface.
"Irrelevant" features are getting in the way of limited use cases.
"Too many features! Turn 98% of these off."
Potential solutions are:
- Reformat the activity chooser. For instance, flip from a lefthand-righthand layout to a top-bottom layout. Put all your activities and resources at the top, and move the help text to the bottom.
- Allow a subset of activities to be defined and to show those initially, allowing the user to choose to show remaining activities if they are brave enough.
- Allow users to define their own set of favourite activities.
- Explore ways to simplify the interface. Prototype some alternative ways to explore, identify, and select features.
- Review what advanced features are turned on by default.