Currently there is no record of whether a student has viewed feedback in the Assignment module. There is an event that is triggered when a student views the assignment page, but this is the same when there is feedback present or not.
Adding an event
- An event should be triggered each time the student views the assignment page while feedback is present.
- A record that the student has viewed feedback also needs to be added to the database with the submission. Even though an event would be logged, this is necessary for efficiency and to associate the view with the submission. Recording/updating a time-stamp for the last view was considered to be the best means of showing that/when the student has viewed the feedback.
Showing views to teachers/markers
- In the Assignment marking page, teachers/markers will be able to see whether a student has viewed their feedback.
- They may wish to contact students who have not yet viewed their feedback. It was suggested that this could be achieved by adding a mass action on the Assignment marking page (MDL-51770). Also, teachers will see feedback of students and whether they have viewed it while marking subsequent assignments (MDL-51762).
Add a completion condition
- A completion condition should be added to for viewing feedback so that teachers could control access to subsequent assignments before a student has viewed (and hopefully learned from) the current assignment.