Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-52172

MNet doesn't support submodules publishing functions

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Reopened
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: 2.7.11, 2.8.9, 2.9.3, 3.0
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: MNet

      Description

      Hi,

      I've been working on a bug [1] with the mahara assignment submission plugin [2], which is a subplugin living in mod/assign/submission/mahara.

      I made a patch [3] that also required a mahara patch [4], but in doing so I found a problem with the Moodle MNet publishing functions. Currently it assumes that the mnet plugin is in the style $type/$name (ie auth/mnet). This stores the mahara assignment as assignsubmission/mahara. When MNet gets the published function called, it is required that the xmlpath is the actual path to the module (in this case mod/assign/submission/mahara), but it is stored in the moodle database as assignsubmission/mahara. I tried getting around that by calling the xmlpath assignsubmission/mahara, but then Moodle's MNet failed later because the paths are different.

      To work around this, I created a local plugin [3] for mahara which solely just wraps the MNet published functions to the actual plugin. It is possible to avoid that with a 4 line patch to Moodle which sets the xmlpath correctly based on the path not the module $type/$name as it is currently doing.

      Cheers,

      Hugh

      [1] https://github.com/MaharaProject/moodle-assignsubmission_mahara/issues/2
      [2] https://github.com/MaharaProject/moodle-assignsubmission_mahara
      [3] https://github.com/catalyst/moodle-local_mahara/tree/177a8b8970884b65967c4d5c15ed49d6849243fd

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Votes:
              1 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              7 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated: