Affects Version/s: 2.9.4, 3.0.2
- Run npm install to get updated grunt requirements
- Run grunt watch and change many different files (amd js, yui js, bootstrapbase .less} files and ensure they are rebuilt correctly
- Run other grunt commands and ensure they work as expected
Affected Branches:MOODLE_29_STABLE, MOODLE_30_STABLE
Fixed Branches:MOODLE_29_STABLE, MOODLE_30_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
MDL-49817 I added support for 'grunt watch' which allows files to be built on save.
I also simplified a lot of the grunt code and improved the 'in directory handling' which fixed
MDL-53059 and improved some other cases too.
I want to propose this is backported.
Reasons for backporting:
- It's a developer tool - no impact to users, it either works or doesn't (a bit like our testing infra improvements)
- To fix the other 'directory handing' bugs i'd be inclined to do the same cleanup i've done in
MDL-49817(main motivation for creating this request)
- It's useful watch functionality and keeps commands consistent between versions
- Any regressions would impact the developer when building master anyway
Reasons against backporting:
- It'll require an `npm install` by developers
- You probably would only use `grunt watch` on one branch (master likely) then build on backport
- The gruntfile has been significantly refactored