Affects Version/s: 3.1
Fix Version/s: 3.1
Component/s: Global search
Enable Global Search with a Solr backend setup. Make sure Assignments are indexed. Add 3 Assignments with the following descriptions, in order, with the following descriptions: "Findme1" "各項目の1を取ります。" "Findme2" Run the indexing command: php admin/tool/task/cli/schedule_task.php --execute="\\core\\task\\search_task" You should see a "Solr server" error, but indexing should complete successfully. Search for Fineme1 and Findme2 and confirm you can find them.
- Enable Global Search with a Solr backend setup. Make sure Assignments are indexed.
- Add 3 Assignments with the following descriptions, in order, with the following descriptions:
- Run the indexing command:
- You should see a "Solr server" error, but indexing should complete successfully.
- Search for Fineme1 and Findme2 and confirm you can find them.
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
Solr seems to have some issues with certain unicode characters. I discover that it chokes on:
項目 (U+9805 U+76EE), "item" in Japanese.
It is actually the first character it has a problem with, and many following characters will cause a failure.
That throws a SolrServerException with the message Invalid UTF-8 start byte 0xae
We have also had other server errors, like Exception writing document id mod_page-activity-65414 to the index; possible analysis error
I don't think there is much we can do about that, but, right now in search_solr\engine::add_document we catch SolrClientException errors, and just debug them, but when the server chokes on a doc, it throws a SolrServerException which we don't catch, and kills all the indexing.