Affects Version/s: 2.9.4
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: HTML Editor (Atto)
Since recent upgrade to 2.9.4+ from 2.9.1+, Atto text editor is behaving oddly, especially the formatting and linking tools. But only in certain instances. In the Page resource, for instance, problem occurs in the Page Content box but not in the Description box.
Steps to replicate:
- Create a Page resource
- Enter several lines of text into the Page Content box, using enter/return key to start each new line
- Select/highlight several lines of the entered text
- Click Atto’s Unordered (bulleted) List icon
- Observe result
- Selected text is formatted as unordered (bulleted) list
- One bullet appears at beginning of last line of text on page (even if that line was not part of the selection). Sometimes, it appears in front of the first line of text
Other formatting tools - ordered lists, bold, underline, strikethrough, etc.- also exhibit odd behavior in which the cursor simply jumps to the last line of text, but no formatting is applied.
Steps to replicate:
- In the Page Content area of a Page resource, enter some text
- Highlight/select one or more words
- Select one of the formatting icons - Bold, Underline, etc
- Observe results
- Formatted text
- Cursor jumps to end of all text
- No formatting occurs
If text is highlighted and then the Link icon is selected and used to attempt to make the text a hyperlink, the entered URL instead appears on the page at the end of (and sometimes within) the selected text. attempting to link the word, "Google", for instance, yields this: Googlehttps://www.google.com/.
This behavior doesn’t occur in all instances of the Atto editor. In the Page resource, for instance, text entered in the Description box can be formatted as usual. The problem does not occur in the body of a multiple choice question, but does occur in the answer and feedback boxes. It does not occur in the Book resource.
Debugging turned on and at highest level in Moodle admin does not display any error information.
Most recent Atto add-ons have been uninstalled through the Moodle admin interface - Wordimport, Matrix editor, Computerscience editor.