Affects Version/s: 2.9.4, 3.1
Fix Version/s: None
If you download an Offline Grading Worksheet and the Scale field has newline \n, the CSV file, when imported, breaks, when using Microsoft Excel.
I have only tested it on MS Excel 2013 and the problem seems to be, that the field is not parsed as a text field, even if you set is as such.
A possible solution would be to convert the "\n" to " - " as in this similar bug: MDL-37834
I just tried it on the demo site and it's also a problem there.
Here is a step by step guide on how to recreate the problem.
- Goto Site administration => Grades => Scales
- Press the "Add a new scale" button
- Create the following scale
- Name: 7 step scale (used in Denmark)
- Scale: -3, 00, 02, 4, 7, 10, 12
- Create a new course and add an assignment
- Under Submission types
- Check "Online text"
- Under Feedback types
- Check "Offline grading worksheet"
- Press the "Save and display" button
- Enrol a user (just admin as a student)
- Add submission to the assignment
- Click the assignment and press View/grade all submissions
- Choose the "Download grading worksheet" in the dropdown
- Open the downloaded file