Affects Version/s: 3.3, 3.4.3, 3.5, 3.6.1, Future Dev
Fix Version/s: None
Affected Branches:MOODLE_33_STABLE, MOODLE_34_STABLE, MOODLE_35_STABLE, MOODLE_36_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:wip-MDL-59481-master
Pull Master Diff URL:
Request for the ability to make sections ‘stealth’ so courses can be designed with labels or buttons that link to ‘stealth’ sections with activities in those sections. Currently courses imported into 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 with a designed menu that linked to orphaned sections loses functionality.
Current procedure for 3.1 & 3.2: how to link menu labels in one section to orphaned sections.
- In course settings choose topic course format.
- Create number of required sections including section where menu labels will go.
- In the section where menu labels will go, design labels with links (buttons or linked images).
- Link these buttons or images up to the sections you want orphaned.
- Put resources or activities required into the sections you want orphaned.
- Click the – button at the bottom of the page to orphan all sections apart from the one with the menu labels linking to the orphaned sections.
- Go into course settings and change to the following:
Number of sections: 1
Hidden sections: Hidden sections are completely invisible
Course layout: Show all sections on one page.
Currently there is no workaround in 3.3, 3.4 nor 3.5 as hiding the sections and linking to them doesn't work as the sections are completely hidden.