Affects Version/s: 3.3.1, 3.4, 3.4.3
Note: Test on Boost and Clean
Note: Test on Boost and Clean Log in as an admin and go to site administration. Turn blocks editing on. Navigate to a section of the settings area with settings.php in the URL. (e.g. " Analytics settings ") Add an HTML block. Configure the HTML block. Add a title and some text in its content field. Save the changes. Confirm that the HTML block shows the title and the content that you previously entered. Delete the HTML block. Confirm that you can delete the HTML block. Try to add another block type and confirm that you can delete that block.
- Log in as an admin and go to site administration.
- Turn blocks editing on.
- Navigate to a section of the settings area with settings.php in the URL. (e.g. "Analytics settings")
- Add an HTML block.
- Configure the HTML block. Add a title and some text in its content field.
- Save the changes.
- Confirm that the HTML block shows the title and the content that you previously entered.
- Delete the HTML block.
- Confirm that you can delete the HTML block.
- Try to add another block type and confirm that you can delete that block.
Affected Branches:MOODLE_33_STABLE, MOODLE_34_STABLE
Fixed Branches:MOODLE_34_STABLE, MOODLE_35_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull 3.5 Branch:MDL59980_block_bug_35_STABLE
Pull Master Branch:MDL59980_block_bug
Pull Master Diff URL:
*Hi, I am on the frontpage, I created one html block, edited it and it was there, edited.
Later I added another html block, one course/site summary block and there I started to see problems.
- I can't edit the blocks. It seems that I can edit them, or delete them (the system asks "really want to delete?" I say yes, and nothing deleted, or change if edited. None of the 3 blocks I have in there.
Then, I start to search on forums and in here. What do I try with no success?
- hide/unhide, delete cache, logout, try another template, try another language... No way.
- lock/unlock component. It was locked and told me "you can't delete". Unlocked, it said "deleted" but nothing was deleted or edited again.
- I found [this post |-MDL-35374- Cannot delete blocks off frontpage - Moodle Tracker ]which suggests
I could delete the block in front page in my admin index, but at site.com//admin/settings.php?section=frontpagesettings There are still the blocks.
I can show/hide the blocks. But I can't edit or delete them. If fact, I deleted the summary block in "?redirect=0" and it's not shown anywhere for other users, but I still see it at section frontpage settings.
Where do I come from?
- Site was 2.5 few days ago
- I upgraded to 2.7
- I upgraded to 3.3.1