Affects Version/s: 3.2.5, 3.3.2, 3.4
- Enrol a user into more than one course as a student
- Log in as a manager.
- Go to "Site administration > Users > Accounts > Browse list of users"
- Click on a students name (from #1) to view their profile.
- You should see no errors.
Affected Branches:MOODLE_32_STABLE, MOODLE_33_STABLE, MOODLE_34_STABLE
Fixed Branches:MOODLE_32_STABLE, MOODLE_33_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:wip-
Pull Master Diff URL:
Original issue logged on Moodle.org Usability Forum: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=358694
An error (possibly introduced during upgrade of 3.3.1 -> 3.3.2) is affecting our Manager roles (not the System Admins) whilst viewing a User Profile from Browse List of Users. The following errors are displayed (alongside additional stack trace):
- Capability "gradereport/report_completion:view" was not found! This has to be fixed in code.
- Capability "gradereport/report_log:view" was not found! This has to be fixed in code.
- Capability "gradereport/report_outline:view" was not found! This has to be fixed in code.
- Capability "gradereport/report_stats:view" was not found! This has to be fixed in code.
- Capability "gradereport/report_usersessions:view" was not found! This has to be fixed in code.
Moodle documentation on the Grader Report (https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Grader_report) indicates there is a single Capability available of grader:view (https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Capabilities/gradereport/grader:view)
Having checked the System Admin | User | Permissions | Capability Overview, I can find only the following capabilities, the errors above are missing!
- gradereport/grader:view: View the grader report
- gradereport/history:view: View the grade history
- gradereport/outcomes:view: View the outcomes report
- gradereport/overview:view: View the overview report
- gradereport/singleview:view: View report
- gradereport/user:view: View your own grade report
Our Manager role is Allow on all of these.
The stack trace indicates capability code is missing from line 2423 of /lib/navigationlib.php see attachment for full error stack.
I've also had a look in the theme | navigation customusermenuitems as this is the only other area I can find that talks about 'Grades' and 'Reports'.
I would really value any ideas as to where to start on fixing this? Many thanks.