When configuring course completion settings one of the available conditions is "Completion of other courses." To make completion of the current course dependent upon prior completion of another course, click on the name of the course in the Courses available list. Once the course completion settings have been saved, if the user decides that the "completion of other courses" requirement is not desirable, it is not possible to remove the selection from the Courses available list. Using Ctrl+click it appears that the highlighted course is un-selected, but upon saving and returning to the Course completion settings page it is observed that the condition remains in place. This behavior is only encountered in the Boost theme. When using Clean or More themes, the course completion condition by be removed successfully.
STEPS TO REPLICATE
1. Set site theme to Boost.
2. Create three courses. Ensure that Enable completion tracking is set to Yes for each course.
3. Enter CourseA. Click the gear icon in the upper left portion of the page and select Course completion.
4. Define some completion conditions (any will do) and Save changes.
5. Enter CourseB. Click the gear icon in the upper left portion of the page and select Course completion.
6. Define some completion conditions (any will do) and Save changes.
7. Enter CourseC. Click the gear icon in the upper left portion of the page and select Course completion.
8. Expand "Condition: Completion of other courses".
9. In the Courses available list Ctrl+click on CourseA and CourseB so that both are highlighted. Save changes.
10. Return to the Course completion page.
11. In the Condition: Completion of other courses section use Ctrl+click to unselect CourseA and CourseB such that neither course is highlighted. Click in the white space outside the Course available field just to ensure that focus has been removed from the field. Save changes.
12. Return to the Course completion page.
CourseA and CourseB are still selected under Condition: Completion of other courses.
CourseA and CourseB are no longer selected under Condition: Completion of other courses.
13. Change site theme to Clean or More.
14. Return to CourseC and repeat steps 10-12 and observe that the completion of other courses conditions were successfully removed.
Replicated on 3.2.3 and 3.3.1.
Without switching to Clean or More theme it is not possible to remove completion of other courses conditions from the course completion settings. A teacher applied the condition by accident. Once she found that none of her students were achieving course completion, she wanted to remove this condition but could not do so using the Boost theme.