Uploaded image for project: 'Moodle'
  1. Moodle
  2. MDL-6089

Multilang filter outputs only last language text

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Critical
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.6
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: Filters
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      All
    • Affected Branches:
      MOODLE_16_STABLE

      Description

      When using multilang filter with two or more <span lang=XX>blabla</span> pairs, only the last one shows up correctly.

      Example:

      1) Given this: <span lang=en>English text</span><span lang=de>German text</span><span lang=fr>French text</span>

      2) If you choose en or fr or any other language (except de) in the lang dropdown, no text appears.

      3) If you choose de, the german text appears correctly.

      You can see this on this site http://moodle.fri-tic.ch/ in the main menu block.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Activity

            Hide
            dougiamas Martin Dougiamas added a comment -

            From (moodle at martignoni.net) Wednesday, 12 July 2006, 10:56 PM:

            I'm sorry, I made a mistake in my explanations : in steps 2 and 3, please exchange the fr and the de.

            The example should read:

            1) Given this: <span lang=en>English text</span><span lang=de>German text</span><span lang=fr>French text</span>

            2) If you choose en or de or any other language (except fr) in the lang dropdown menu, no text appears.

            3) If you choose fr in the lang dropdown menu, the french text appears correctly.

            From Eloy Lafuente (stronk7 at moodle.org) Friday, 14 July 2006, 08:47 AM:

            Oh, it seems that some days (July 6th) ago someone introduced one modification to the filter that is pretty incorrect under a lot of circumstances.

            My vote goes to revert to the previous version. Equivalent patch attached.

            Ciao

            From Eloy Lafuente (stronk7 at moodle.org) Saturday, 15 July 2006, 04:40 PM:

            Applied (plus some minor iteration savings). Please, test it. Closing in some days... if no bad news arrive. Ciao

            From (moodle at martignoni.net) Saturday, 15 July 2006, 07:12 PM:

            Thanks Eloy!

            Works now correctly.

            Ciao

            Show
            dougiamas Martin Dougiamas added a comment - From (moodle at martignoni.net) Wednesday, 12 July 2006, 10:56 PM: I'm sorry, I made a mistake in my explanations : in steps 2 and 3, please exchange the fr and the de. The example should read: 1) Given this: <span lang=en>English text</span><span lang=de>German text</span><span lang=fr>French text</span> 2) If you choose en or de or any other language (except fr) in the lang dropdown menu, no text appears. 3) If you choose fr in the lang dropdown menu, the french text appears correctly. From Eloy Lafuente (stronk7 at moodle.org) Friday, 14 July 2006, 08:47 AM: Oh, it seems that some days (July 6th) ago someone introduced one modification to the filter that is pretty incorrect under a lot of circumstances. My vote goes to revert to the previous version. Equivalent patch attached. Ciao From Eloy Lafuente (stronk7 at moodle.org) Saturday, 15 July 2006, 04:40 PM: Applied (plus some minor iteration savings). Please, test it. Closing in some days... if no bad news arrive. Ciao From (moodle at martignoni.net) Saturday, 15 July 2006, 07:12 PM: Thanks Eloy! Works now correctly. Ciao
            Hide
            mblake Michael Blake added a comment -

            assign to a valid user

            Show
            mblake Michael Blake added a comment - assign to a valid user

              People

              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                0 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: