Affects Version/s: 3.2.6, 3.3.3, 3.4
Login as an admin Navigate to " Site administration / Users / Permissions / Define roles " Edit the " Authenticated user " role On the " Filter " text box, enter " moodle/competency:plan ". Uncheck all of the filtered capabilities. Save the changes. Log in as a regular user (not admin) and view the dashboard page. Verify you don't encounter a fatal error.
- Login as an admin
- Navigate to "Site administration / Users / Permissions / Define roles"
- Edit the "Authenticated user" role
- On the "Filter" text box, enter "moodle/competency:plan".
- Uncheck all of the filtered capabilities.
- Save the changes.
- Log in as a regular user (not admin) and view the dashboard page.
- Verify you don't encounter a fatal error.
Affected Branches:MOODLE_32_STABLE, MOODLE_33_STABLE, MOODLE_34_STABLE
Fixed Branches:MOODLE_33_STABLE, MOODLE_34_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
The learning plans block causes a user's dashboard page to die with an error message - "Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (View all learning plans)" - if they don't have any of the following capabilities:
- Copy the authenticated users role
- Prohibit the capabilities above
- Set the defaultuserroleid config to the new role
- Ensure that the default dashboard has the learning plans block on it
- Log in as a non-admin user and go to the dashboard - you should see the error above
I would expect the block to show no content where a user doesn't have any capabilities rather than throwing an exception.