This issue was discovered while pre-testing
MDL-57564 and also noticed by Martin Dougiamas as affecting one of our HQ internal sites. I was originally trying to cover it in MDL-57564 but haven't find a trivial way to do it.
- Set $CFG->navsortmycoursessort = 'shortname';
- Set $CFG->navshowmycoursecategories = 1;
- Prepare a structure of course categories with subcategories
- Put courses into these categories, named randomly
- Enrol a student into all these courses
- Log in as that student
- In the Clean theme, the My courses will be displayed as a tree of categories - with courses within each category sorted per the configured field (such as shortname).
- But in the Boost's flat navigation, the categories are not displayed. So only the courses are projected into the flat navigation.
- Expected behaviour: The courses should be still displayed ordered by shortname even in Boost
- Actual behaviour: The courses are displayed in the order given by the categories tree
The problem is illustrated in the following screenshots that show the same site in both themes: