According to an audit made over Accessibility, violations exist over Completion toggle as follows:
- Avoid using event handlers that trigger focus or context changes on user input
Affected modules: Chat example time settings and view past sessions, File Types, Pages
After a user toggles the state of the button which controls the 'complete' state for a course item, focus shifts either to the body element of the page , the previous element in the tab focus or the or to the Course Search dropdown field.
Steps to locate:
1. Tab to and press enter on the "Complete/Not Complete" button next to a course item.
2. Press tab again. Notice that focus does not jump to the next course item, but instead either jumps to the "Skip to Main Content" link, the same "Complete/Not Complete" button, or the first item after the search box (usually "Welcome").
Focus Shift on Complete Button
- Make sure focus stays on the mark complete button.
- You may need to manually reset focus to this button once the completeness state of the course item has been modified.