Steps to duplicate error.
- Click Add Resource > Folder
- upload a pdf or document to the folder.
- Save and display
- while viewing the folder right-click on the file and copy link location.
- Add a label to the course homepage and create a link to the location you just copied.
- Save and display.
- Test and make sure link works.
- Copy Paste the link location of the new label link into a text document for reference
- Backup and restore your course shell
- Using a student account that does not exist in the first course shell test the link.
- Verify that the student doesn not have access to the link.
- Copy and paste the link location of the link in the label on the new course into your text document and verify the link did not update to the new item.
All other links to items in a Moodle course relink when you backup and restore except for items that are gathered within a folder resource.