If your quiz is set up with option "When time expires" set to "Open attempts are submitted automatically" and the user is answering a question in full screen mode of tinyMCE-Editor the answer will not be saved when time is running up!
Steps to reproduce the bug:
- Create a quiz with a question of question type "essay" and a scheduled time frame and the option "When time expires" set to "Open attempts are submitted automatically".
- Enter the course as a student and make sure the tinyMCE editor is the student's editor of choice.
- Start attempting the quiz during the time frame, go to the essay question and edit the answer in full screen mode of the editor (don't leave the full screen mode).
- Wait for the time running up.
- You will see that the answer was not saved.
Tested with boost and clean theme in Chrome and Firefox on Mac.