Running Moodle 3.3.3+ (Build: 20171123). We use the Turnitin Plagiarism plugin (v. 2017112302) and Turnitin Assignment 2 (v. 2017112301).
The Turnitin Plagiarism Plugin (TII PP), among other things, automatically submits forum posts to Turnitin, processes them in the background, and generates a TII Similarity Score and Originality Report. Once those exist, the PP puts the score and link to the report at the bottom of the corresponding post.
However, when you use the Moodle Forum search function, the search results do not include the score and report link. I expect that the search function would return the Similarity Score and Originality Report along with the rest of the forum post.
For reference, I also posted this to the TII PP Github page and in the Moodle Developer forum. Dan Marsden suggested that this is an issue with the Moodle core Plagiarism API and/or forum search, not having the right hooks to pass this information along.
Steps to reproduce:
- Have Turnitin Assignment 2 and Turnitin Plagiarism Plugin installed and configured. Create a forum with the Turnitin Plagiarism Plugin enabled.
- Make a post to the forum.
- Observe that the forum post is successfully processed by Turnitin, and has a Similarity Score and link to the Originality Report at the bottom of the post.
- Perform a forum search (yourmoodle/mod/forum/search.php) and find the post in the search results.
- Observe that the score and report link that you saw in Step 3, are not part of the post when it appears in the search results.
Here is a screenshot showing the same forum post in the forum, and search results. On the right, observe the TII score and link. On the left, in search results, observe that the score and link are missing.