Affects Version/s: 3.1.10, 3.2.7, 3.3.4, 3.4.1
Log in as admin. Go to a course or create one. Enrol few users as student. Add a quiz with few questions of different types Attempt the quiz as the students you have enrolled. As admin, go to the Quiz > Results. Grade those attemps. Go to Report > Statistics. On "Download full report as" select "HTML" and click "Download" button. Open the downloaded file and make sure it displays detailled information (question breakdown) about each question. Make sure the question text is also displayed.
- Log in as admin.
- Go to a course or create one.
- Enrol few users as student.
- Add a quiz with few questions of different types
- Attempt the quiz as the students you have enrolled.
- As admin, go to the Quiz > Results.
- Grade those attemps.
- Go to Report > Statistics.
- On "Download full report as" select "HTML" and click "Download" button.
- Open the downloaded file and make sure it displays detailled information (question breakdown) about each question.
- Make sure the question text is also displayed.
Affected Branches:MOODLE_31_STABLE, MOODLE_32_STABLE, MOODLE_33_STABLE, MOODLE_34_STABLE
Fixed Branches:MOODLE_33_STABLE, MOODLE_34_STABLE
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
In 3.1 when work was done on the refactoring downloading data in various file types ( -
- and - MDL-56046 - ) it appears that a feature was dropped from the Quiz statistics. In versions of Moodle prior to 3.1 when exporting the quiz statistics using the HTML option the question text itself was included. In versions of Moodle 3.1+ the question text is not included. This is a loss of functionality which, if intentional, should have been clearly documented. The question text inclusion in the HTML output option made it particularly useful for external reviews and course auditing activities. This was referenced in - MDL-56046 -, however, it appears the reporter was not clear about what functionality was lost and it was marked as a duplicate. MDL-58436
- Navigate to a quiz with attempts (Quiz administration > Results > Statistics) and Calculate the statistics if they haven't been calculated previously.
- Use the "Download full report as" dropdown and choose "Unpaged XHTML document" or " "HTML Table" and then click the Download button.
- In 3.0 and earlier the resulting document will include some general analysis and then provide breakdowns per question. The question text will be above each question specific table (notice the question listed above the Model response line).
- In 3.1+ the resulting document does not include the question text (notice that there is no question text included above the Model response lines).