Affects Version/s: 3.4.2
Fix Version/s: None
I just upgraded my experimental Moodle, Moodle 3.4.1+ (Build: 20180308), to Moodle 3.4.2, Moodle 3.4.2 (Build: 20180319).
In my courses, I do use RSS blocks. In Moodle 3.2, I am getting the following error code displayed (I have debugging turned on.) There are quite a few of these block of similarly looking errors. They seem all start with the XML feed, which really does exist.
I thought that I would report this to you. Again, these errors do not show themselves with Moodle 3.4.1+.
Sometimes, by refreshing the web page, I can get some of these error blocks to go away. But then they sometimes come back. Maybe it has something to do with the new code taking more time, and these RSS refreshes then take more time. I am not sure. Of course, if I turn debugging off, I do not see these error messages. But generally, I like to leave debugging turned on so that students report weird errors to me.
Here is one block of the error message:
http://www.rjerz.com/c/infosys/Podcasts/MSCI3005_A.xml Failed with code: cURL Error: Operation timed out after 752 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received
- line 203 of /blocks/rss_client/block_rss_client.php: call to debugging()
- line 148 of /blocks/rss_client/block_rss_client.php: call to block_rss_client->get_feed()
- line 288 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_rss_client->get_content()
- line 230 of /blocks/moodleblock.class.php: call to block_base->formatted_contents()
- line 1210 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_base->get_content_for_output()
- line 1262 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->create_block_contents()
- line 374 of /lib/blocklib.php: call to block_manager->ensure_content_created()
- line 3944 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to block_manager->region_has_content()
- line 40 of /theme/boost/layout/columns2.php: call to core_renderer->blocks()
- line 1261 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()
- line 1191 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
- line 244 of /course/view.php: call to core_renderer->header()