Follow these steps to reproduce:
- Timing: Set a close date
- Grade: Set a passing grade, multiple attempts, highest grade
- Review settings: Check all under "After quiz is closed". Uncheck all others.
- Activity completion: check "Require Grade", "Require passing grade" and "Or all available attempts completed"
- Login as student
- Perform quiz and don't pass
- No tick appears
- Perform quiz and pass
- Blue tick appears even though quiz is not closed yet
I would prefer that students don't see any tick (neither blue, nor green) until the quiz is closed.
Currently, no tick appears until the student passes a quiz.
But as soon as a student passes one of multipe attempts, even though the quiz is not yet closed, a blue tick appears.
Students already found out about this behaviour and can share the correct answers immediately.
Besides that, the tick should be green and not blue if a passing grade is set and the corresponding activity completion setting.
When I select "Marks" under "Later, while the quiz is still open" in the "Review options" and unlock the completion options, the ticks turn green.
This is a thread on the forums describing the issue.