- Login as Teacher
- Go to a course
- Add new assignment acitivity
3.1 Deactivate Feedback types -> Feedback comments (all deselected)
3.2 Set Gradetype to none
3.3 Save and display
- Click on "View all submissions"
4.1 Under options select the filter to Requires grading
4.2 You should see now the error
- See the gradingtable without entries, e.g Nothing to display message is shown (because there is no submission who needs grading).
- It throws an exception and the page is broken
- The iteminstance of this assignment is not created under mdl_grade_items! In due of that it's throwing the exception
- To fix this issue, I know two ways:
- Switch to another assignment that has "feedback comments or grade type" set correctly and change here the filter back to No filter.
- Update the value directly with an SQL query for the given user to an empty string. This filter setting is saved under the table mdl_user_preferences under the name assign_filter.
I think the best solution is to create the entry in the mdl_grade_items table, no matter if feedback comments and grade are not selected. If one of them is selected it creates the needed entry in the mdl_grade_items table. The only difference are the gradetype and the grademax.
- When selecting feedback comments and no grade type it is set to gradetype 3 and grademax 100
- When using the grade type it is using gradetype values between 0-2 and the grademax given in the field between 1-100.
Would be nice if somebody can help out fixing this issue!
PS: Reproduced on demo.moodle.net