When creating a URL activity in Moodle, the "URL variables" that are used on the web seem to not be working in the Mobile app.
- Create a new URL activity and give it a name
- Enter an External URL, for instance "https://www.google.com/search"
- Under the header "URL variables", enter at least one parameter / variable pair, for instance "q" and "User full name"
- Save and confirm that the URL activity works as expected on the web (the above example should open a Google query of the user's full name)
- Open the URL activity from the mobile app. The url displayed will be the External URL, not the full url with variables.
- Click the "Access the URL" button, the External URL will open without the variables (the above example will open a blank Google query)
Other relevant details: tested with mobile app versions 3.3.0 and 3.4.2, device used was an IPhone 8 running iOS 11.2.1
Cross listed: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-2399