Affects Version/s: 3.4.3, 3.5
Fix Version/s: None
Affected Branches:MOODLE_34_STABLE, MOODLE_35_STABLE
When using automatically grading you sometimes whish to leave a comment manually. This automatically overrides the grading and makes it impossible to perform any automatic grading anymore. The only way to get rid of this override is to directly manipulate the database to leave the added comment, but not the altered mark.
More specifically, consider this situation:
- Suppose we have a quiz with one short-answer question "Name an amphibian". Initially, only the response 'Frog' is graded 100%.
- Student attempts the quiz and enters 'Toad'. Get marked wrong and complains to their teacher.
- Teacher uses 'Make comment or override mark' to just add the comment "I see what you mean", but does not change the grade here.
- Teacher edits the short-answer question, to add 'Toad' as another response that should get 100%.
- Teacher goes to the quiz reports and clicks Regrade all.
Expected result: The grade of the attempt is updated to 100%.
Actual result: The grade does not change, becuase Moodle considers that the teacher manually graded the question 0%.