Affects Version/s: 3.4.3, 3.5
Fix Version/s: None
Affected Branches:MOODLE_34_STABLE, MOODLE_35_STABLE
When messaging system between site users is disabled, the lines generated when creating notifications in the mdl_notifications database are such that timeread = timecreated, whereas one should have timeread = NULL.
This means that the user is not alerted when new unread notifications are received.
An example to reproduce the bug :
- As a admin, in "Advanced features", disabled messaging system and save changes
- Check for a student that in "Notation préférences", Web notifications for the forum are well activated
- In a forum where this student is subscribed, the teacher writes a message
- Wait editing time delay and the next cronjob
- Check that, in the mdl_notifications data table, the timeread field of the notification record of the message sent by the teacher and received by the student contains the same value as the timecreated field
- Log in as the student and check that the new notification is not highlighted with a number in the notification menu at the top of the screen.