Affects Version/s: 3.1.16, 3.2 regressions, 3.4.5, 3.5.5, 3.6, 3.7
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: HTML Editor (Atto)
Affected Branches:MOODLE_31_STABLE, MOODLE_34_STABLE, MOODLE_35_STABLE, MOODLE_36_STABLE, MOODLE_37_STABLE
When you copy a video and paste it again in the rich text editor, you lose the source tag,
Which results in a blank video, which displays on the page but can't be viewed. We should expect the video to be copied correctly, with the source tag.
Steps to reproduce:
- go to any page with html embedded that can be edited with atto, that has a youtube video link.
- go into the rich text editor for this page.
- copy and paste the video in the rich text editor.
- save, and go back to the page. You will see the video player, but it is blank with no source.
- check and see the source tag is gone from the html.
I also found the same kind of problem when in the rich text editor, and you have your insertion point right after the video and hit enter. You will get a new video without a source tag too.