There needs to be a way to copy courses with LTI tool links, while still preserving the LTI tool links' information (ie. something like this: https://www.imsglobal.org/lti-course-copy-road-nowhere). We have courses with a lot of external tools, and remapping each one manually is extremely resource-intensive.
From the link above, I don't think that $Context.id.history and $ResourceLink.id.history custom parameters are currently supported by Moodle, but I do know that Moodle has a complete backup/restore course process that copies over some portion of the external tool. We need an addition to this process that preserves the context ID and resource ID of the LTI tool pre-copy.
- User creates an external tool (with resource_link B) and uses it.
- User copies the course with an external tool present.
- User enters the copied course.
- User enters the copied external tool, and passes the custom parameter $ResourceLink.id.history.
- The LTI tool provider receives ids B from this parameter.