Affects Version/s: 3.7
Fix Version/s: 3.7
- Perform 1 backup of any course.
- Download the resulting .mbz file.
- Rename the file to add the .tgz suffix
- Uncompress the file
- Look to the "moodle_backup.xml" file"
- TEST: Verify these contents are in the <information> tag:
Manual: Perform 1 backup of any course. Download the resulting .mbz file. Rename the file to add the .tgz suffix Uncompress the file tar -zxf path/to/moodle_backup.mbz.tgz Look to the "moodle_backup.xml" file" TEST: Verify these contents are in the <information> tag: <backup_version>2018120300</backup_version> <backup_release>3.7</backup_release> Automatic: The version checker job in the CI servers pass perfectly both for master and the just created stable branch.
- The version checker job in the CI servers pass perfectly both for master and the just created stable branch.
Pull from Repository:
Pull Master Branch:
Pull Master Diff URL:
We use to update the internal backup version and release on majors. While it's not used along the process, that information is included on each backup and has helped in the past to detect inconsistencies caused by codebase partially updated and other problems.
Since Moodle 2.4 we are checking version & release with the CI versions checker so this is a task that we should perform always immediately after a major release (hence has been included in https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Release_process#Packaging).
1) Both in the new stable branch and in master (file backup/backup.class.php):
- Update VERSION to match $version (8 digits).
- Update RELEASE to match $release (X.Y format).